Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Good Bye Sweetie!

Well we had to say good bye today, lets face it, good bye is never an easy thing to say. Angel, our sweet, friendly, adorable cat had to be put down today. She has been sick for sometime and the Vets were unable to determine the problem. Today we decided to end her suffering. By far it was one of the toughest decisions we have made. We were able to be with her while it happened and I think both David and I, through the tears of course, felt that we made the right decision. BUT UGH! We got Angel for our first Anniversary and now at just 10 years old she is gone. We spent the next hour reminiscing about our amazing Angel. Before kids she was all we talked about. Looking back I have no idea how we spent hours talking about her but, she was a pretty fun cat. She played fetch, cuddled like crazy, slept with us every night and she would even share a beer with David. Angel was friendly and very social. She was never one to hide out; she was always right in the middle of everything. We thought when Jacob came she was going to have a really hard time. In the past Angel was not a fan of kids and has even caused injury to a few. When Jacob came though, there was nothing but love. They were the best of buds! We are a little unsure how to tell Jacob but for now we are just going to wait till he asks. We know the news will break his heart. David and I are thankful for our time with Angel, for all the joy she brought to our lives. She will be missed!!!!

5 comments:

erika said...

I am so sorry! It sounds like you guys made the right decision, but I know it wasn't easy.

Anonymous said...

Sad.

Why didn't you say something yesterday? I could have been a little more of a friend. I would of taken you with us.

J and I had a cat for the first year of our "relationship" (dating, engagement, and six months of marriage). It took me just about that long to win her over. She was stubborn but eventually we became great companions.

She had an untimely death and I spent three weeks "lying in bed" crying over it. When we found Sam, J assured me that if anything happened to her... he would send me to my mother's until I was "over" it. He couldn't figure out how to console me.

So, if you need anything... a lift to your mom's. A dog to replace her? A little nibble of Park. Just let me know. I'm here.

Modern Crush said...

Man, I was getting misty reading that. Kitties can be such a joy. Our 3 cats are like our kids, we give them more attention sometimes than we give each other. I couldn't imagine one of them gone, but I know it will happen some day... Krykies.

Jim Baker said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I feel blessed by knowing you all and seeing Christ in your face and speaking through your words.

I've got to remember not to read your blogs while I am at work. It's embarrassing to have someone come into my office and find me in tears.

1 Thessalonians 5:18

Elizabeth said...

So sorry you had to say goodbye.