Sunday, June 29, 2008

Busy Summer

Summer is RAD! I am not sure what it is about summer but we are ALWAYS busy! I would not have it any other way. The kids and I are booked solid for the next two weeks and I could not be more excited.



Even Superman gets a little sleepy!



The kids just finished two weeks of swim lessons and they did great. Jacob loves the water and has no problem getting wet. He was a trooper this year. He learned to float on his back, hold his breathe and his new found confidence in the water is such a blessing. We put up our pool last week and he has been in ever day since. Annika surprised us also. She spent the first class protesting the whole time. She YELLED “NO” the entire class and I thought I would not make it through two weeks. By the end of that week she would stand on the side of the pool and jump in (well more like step in…she does not leave the ground when she jumps)! She goes all the way under and pops up saying, “again, again”. They both cried as we drove away from lessons on Friday. They wanted more!!!!!




Friday we spent the evening having a picnic dinner and watching a free concert at moonlight.. There was wonderful Scottish music and dancing for all. The kids were so entertained and really enjoyed the music. Who am I kidding, so did David and I. Seriously hearing “Amazing Grace” on the bagpipes has to be one of my all time favorite things. This was Jacobs third time at this concert and Annika’s second. We love this summer tradition and hope that the Scottish Highland Games continue to bring this amazing concert.




Saturday David and I headed out with the kids for a hike. I am grateful for times like these. We hiked around Calavera lake and had a blast. We left around four with a sack dinner and had absolutely no agenda. Because we were just exploring we let Jacob walk as much as he was up for….all I can say is that kid was beyond TIRED when we got home. He did an awesome job. To keep up with us he spent most of the time in a jog and he was completely inspired by the people who were out for a run. The hike ended with a HUGE hill, one I was even dreading and Jacob would have nothing to do with riding in the jogger. He took the hill head on and not only made it to the top but even went part of the way back down with David so they could jog back up. Crazy KID. We did not get home till 8:00 and the kids were bathed and asleep by 8:30. Time with my family enjoying Gods beautiful creations is for sure my ideal afternoon.

2 comments:

erika said...

Everything you guys do always sounds like so much fun! I read your posts and I think, "why don't we ever do that?" You are full of good ideas and I am glad you guys are having a good summer! I need to start writing down the things you guys do and copy you:)

grandma said...

Summer is so much fun for me too I can't wait to see want we are doing this week. Jacob and Annika are so much fun they keep me laughing all the time