Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cat and Bat


Tradition would have it that we spend Halloween at Grandma and Grandpa’s house surrounded by friends. Poor Grandma and Grandpa….I am not sure they realize what they have gotten themselves into. Yes, they love having us and many of our friends, they love that their neighborhood is all decorated complete with haunted house and some good candy. We love it too. What they might be missing is that their house IS IT! You know the one we will be partying at for the next 15 years. In about 5 years we will be making punch with floating eye-balls, buckets of slime with apples to bob for, treats of dirt and worms and what-ever else these kids can imagine up. Their house will be the safe but fun house Jacob, Annika and their friends spend Halloween at. Sounds fun, right? Probably time to let them in on the plan. Maybe I will wait till next year. One more year will lock in the tradition for sure!

Here are some pictures of our Cat and Bat as well as the Bee, Darth Vader, Two pirates, a soldier, a skeleton, and Sleeping Beauty before hair and make-up. Side note: I really did not get that many great pictures but hopefully you will enjoy what I did get.











8 comments:

erika said...

Too cute and so fun!

Leah reminds me of that little bee from that blind melon song from High School. But much cuter:)

Anonymous said...

Sleeping Beauty... wasn't she Sleeping Beauty?

Anonymous said...

Oh... I can't remember...

But what I meant to say was...

Thanks for another fabulous year. We had a great time. Just wish we didn't have to skedaddle so soon after trick or treating.

Looking forward to next year!

Modern Crush said...

Oh Krista! Sooo cute!! Did you make their costumes?? I love them! You are amazing. Sigh...

Krista said...

Georgia, you are too sweet....I had no part in the making of the costumes though...NONE. They were a last minute decision from Old Navy (half off, 2 for $20). The kids were suppose to be a fire truck and dalmation. Jacob was not on board...imagine that a three year old with an opinion. When I went to Old Navy to get Annika a white outfit to sew dots on, there they were! The white outfit I was going to buy was $20 dollars. Yep, I drove away with a cat and a bat! The kids were excited to say the least and have probably spent over 20 hours in these costumes, there is a lot of meowing and hanging upside down at our house :)

Elizabeth said...

They look so cute in their costumes. I wish I could bring my kids over to your parents every Halloween.

grandma said...

Holloween was great fun we love having all your freinds over.
Paarty before or after trick or treating sounds great Vicki siad we should have hot cider and donuts. but what ever it okay with me Grandma

Clark Family said...

Man those are the cutest cat and bat I have ever seen!!!!!!! I love little kids in costumes, don't you????? What a time of blessing, huh? :) So much love to you!!