This is the third year that David has had the opportunity to be Santa at a local elementary school. He loves it. His stories are such a gift. Kids of course say the most adorable things and David finds such joy in them. It is fun to listen to how he has remembered kids from previous years, the kids are amazed when he tells them how they have grown or that their new hair cut is really cute. SO SWEET. For our family though, it is even more special. At first Jacob was really nervous and Annika well she never really warmed up. Jacob and “Santa” got to have sweet talk though and after Jacob informed him that he wanted a green motorcycle, “you know the one with buttons and flashing lights” they got to talk about the true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate this glorious time of year. When “Santa” asked Jacob what Christmas is he answered “Jesus’ Birthday”! Oh how I adore this life of mine, this family of mine. I am having one of those moments when I feel so blessed I almost can not contain my emotions. Sarah and I also got to share our Christmas wishes with "Santa"

I am so in love with this Santa!
7 comments:
Adorable - I have a couple of photos with Santa were my children have the same looks on their faces! Too cute!
Too cute! Dave is amazing to take on the job and it was priceless to watch Annika's reaction to Santa:)
What a wonderful experience for David. Not only is it amazing for me to see how much Jacob and Annika grow and change, but to see the wonderful man my little brother has become. Thank you so much, Krista, for blogging away and keeping everyone up-to-date on all 4 of you.
Dude! That picture is priceless!! How awesome are those expressions!!
That is the best picture ever!!!! :)
Oh Annika, you poor thing! So cute.
I thought that Santa looked familiar when I saw the photo. That is so funny. Annika looks like she is ready to leap of his lap. What a sweet dad moment for him and Jacob.
Post a Comment