This is not surprising but at this time David and I are SHOCKED that our little princess turns four today, yep FOUR. I know I say this every time I do a post but frankly I can not help myself, I am always shocked at how quickly time flies. Go right ahead and tell me, “I told you so”. You were right!!!!!! Words could never have really prepared me though and so go ahead and remind me. When I look at these precious kids I am in awe of how they grow and how it gets exponentially faster with each one. This post is not about how time seems to vanish though, this is about our sweet four year old!
Princess Annika,
You do not make us call you this all the time now but every now and then you remind your Dad and even me. ” I am Daddy’s princess!” Yes, yes you are sweetie! You always will be too! Annika words could not describe our adoration for you. You bring us more joy and laughter than we could have imagined. You are funny and clever and you do the cutest quirkiest things. We love it! You still have this adorable propensity to make up words and you have even expanded to creating songs. A while ago, o.k. lets face it probably over six months ago (I have not blogged in some time) we were having movie night, which means we were all sitting in the living room, eating Pizza and watching a movie. Jacob and you sit on the floor with little trays that I technically think are for giving people breakfast in bed but, since that does not happen around here we use them for the occasions we eat in the living room and also for coloring or putting legos together on the floor. Anyway, that is where you were sitting when you finished your meal and decided to ask “may I please be excused from the trayble?” You knew you were clever so you laughed along with us and said. “Whaaaat?” It was almost as though you had thought through that for a while. You knew you did not want to say table, I mean after all you were not actually sitting at the table….to funny sweetie. Remember when you first learned to go potty though and when you were done you would asked to be excused from the table! Ha ha ha! Still making us laugh! Annika, I know this is something that frustrates you but I hope someday you will be able to laugh at it, or maybe you will not even remember this, but sweetie without a doubt you might be the klutziest little girl we know. You can be standing one second and then you are on the ground the next. We try not to laugh because lets face it that is embarrassing stuff but sweetie, you are just so pick’in cute that it is hard not to at least smile. If this helps and I am not really sure if it does but, apparently I had the same problem when I was your age which is why your Grandma enrolled me in ballet at 5! I am not sure if it is because of your propensity to biff it or just because it is your personality but you are extra cautious. I totally respect this quality in you though, please do not fear, I will hold the back of your bike as long as you need me to.
Annika you have such a kind heart. You are always willing to give up something you want to make your brother happy or others happy. You watch out for Kali and Jacob like a true Mom. You are concerned when they are sad, celebrating when they are happy and cheering them on every step of the way. You talk constantly about what it will be like when you become a Mom. So cute! You will be an amazing Mom someday sweetie. I love that you are practicing now.
Still one of my greatest joys is your relationship with your brother. You two are the best of buds. You can entertain each other for hours which I must say has made the addition of Kali a breeze. You will both love on her, sing to her and make her laugh and then you will head off to play together. You will play star wars right alongside your brother and he in turn will play house right alongside of you! You will have the occasional disagreement but for the most part you work the issues out without any kind of intervention from me. I am praising God for your sweet relationship and I pray that it continues as you grow. And with your big open heart I have no doubt that there will be room for Kali when she is ready. If it were up to you and Jacob she would already be playing beside you on a daily basis. As a matter of fact when Kali is up you both often come out and let her know who she is in your little make believe world. “Kali, you are the little puppy…just lay there and play with your toys we will take you out to potty in a few minutes”. I giggle and the both of you carry on like it is nothing. Serious joy in my heart:)
Annika we are so grateful that God sent you to us to love and protect. We love you, we love what you bring to this family and well frankly we could never really express the unconditional love we have for you. Thank you for an amazing four years sweetie, we can not wait to celebrate many more with you!
Mom
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Annika. I totally laughed at the trayble comment. We miss you guys so much!!
LOve this sweet post!
She is just so darn cute and sweet. I love that girl. Happy Birthday little miss!
Post a Comment