
Well we got our Christmas tree on Saturday the 1st! This is the first year we got our tree this early! It was such a great adventure. We purchased our tree at our local Target. I know seems a little strange……oh you didn’t even know they had trees? Well they do and we have bought our
trees there for a few years. Usually it has been out of convenience, you know one of our weekly trips to Target. This year though we made a trip specifically to purchase our tree and we let Jacob pick it out. We think he did an amazing job! After we bought the tree we went to Starbucks and Jacob got to enjoy his first hot Chocolate or as he called it his “milk moca”. Everything about the evening was just so magical for Jacob. From picking the tree to watching Dad tie it to the roof, to putting it up and decorating it. Annika on the other hand, was not in love with the experience. She cried at the site of the tree and was really not a fan of us bringing it into the house. We are not quite sure why but for the most part Annika is scared of the tree. It actually makes it nice she has no desire to be near it. Due to her lack of interest and the fact that we started the process just before bed time we went ahead and put her to bed. It was Jacob, David and I for the next hour and we had a blast. Jacob was a part of almost everything. He helped Dave carry in the tree, straighten the tree in the stand, decorate and he even got to put the angle on the top. When he was done with the tree it was on to the box of Christmas toys that get put
away each year. There is a Christmas train and a little people manger scene he played with
them for so long while we decorated around him. When it came time for bed he was devastated. He did not want Christmas decorating to be over, so much so that he woke up two times in the middle of the night 1:30a.m. and 3:25 a.m.! Both times he asked to play with our new Christmas toys. I explained he could play when the sun came up …….PLEASE GO BACK TO SLEEP. Sleep he did until 5:30 when we were up for the day playing with the Christmas toys. Just so everyone is clear we are not telling Jacob Christmas eve exists! He will just wake up Christmas morning and we will sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and he will know. If we tell him……I will not sleep and well I will certainly need my sleep on Christmas eve. I can say without a doubt that decorating for Christmas has never been so fun. Seeing the joy and excitement through Jacob’s eyes was as magical for Dave and I as it was for Jacob. I have a feeling I will be the one not able to sleep on Christmas eve and it will have nothing to do with Jacob’s excitement and everything to do with my own.
trees there for a few years. Usually it has been out of convenience, you know one of our weekly trips to Target. This year though we made a trip specifically to purchase our tree and we let Jacob pick it out. We think he did an amazing job! After we bought the tree we went to Starbucks and Jacob got to enjoy his first hot Chocolate or as he called it his “milk moca”. Everything about the evening was just so magical for Jacob. From picking the tree to watching Dad tie it to the roof, to putting it up and decorating it. Annika on the other hand, was not in love with the experience. She cried at the site of the tree and was really not a fan of us bringing it into the house. We are not quite sure why but for the most part Annika is scared of the tree. It actually makes it nice she has no desire to be near it. Due to her lack of interest and the fact that we started the process just before bed time we went ahead and put her to bed. It was Jacob, David and I for the next hour and we had a blast. Jacob was a part of almost everything. He helped Dave carry in the tree, straighten the tree in the stand, decorate and he even got to put the angle on the top. When he was done with the tree it was on to the box of Christmas toys that get put
away each year. There is a Christmas train and a little people manger scene he played with
them for so long while we decorated around him. When it came time for bed he was devastated. He did not want Christmas decorating to be over, so much so that he woke up two times in the middle of the night 1:30a.m. and 3:25 a.m.! Both times he asked to play with our new Christmas toys. I explained he could play when the sun came up …….PLEASE GO BACK TO SLEEP. Sleep he did until 5:30 when we were up for the day playing with the Christmas toys. Just so everyone is clear we are not telling Jacob Christmas eve exists! He will just wake up Christmas morning and we will sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and he will know. If we tell him……I will not sleep and well I will certainly need my sleep on Christmas eve. I can say without a doubt that decorating for Christmas has never been so fun. Seeing the joy and excitement through Jacob’s eyes was as magical for Dave and I as it was for Jacob. I have a feeling I will be the one not able to sleep on Christmas eve and it will have nothing to do with Jacob’s excitement and everything to do with my own.

3 comments:
Great pictures. I love Jacob with his milk mocha! Looks like so much fun. I am worried Tegan is going to be after the tree. I hope she has an aversion to it like Annika! I am also jealous that you already have your tree! I am ready to get one, but I don't know when it is going to happen...especially now with the rain on it's way!
I think one of the most wonderful things about Christmas is when your children start to understand all of it and you can just see the magic in their eyes. How wonderful that Jacob is so excited & helpful! Miss you all!
Christmas really does become magical again tthrough the kids. I can't wait!
Post a Comment