Friday, October 31, 2008

I do not want to forget…..

There are moments in my day when I think “ I do not want to forget that you did this”, “I do not want to forget that you said this”, so many times. Often I think I can not wait till David gets home so I can share this moment. David gets home and I’m like, "I totally forgot what I was going to tell you but man was it GREAT". I feel like I should walk around with a note pad. Jacob and Annika are hilarious, they do and say such adorable things. Here are a few that I can remember and I guarantee for every one I remember there are a million I have forgot.

Every time David walks in the house after work he is forced to be a dragon (this has been going on for a week). Jacob is slaying the Dragon (David) to save the princess (Annika). I think the three of them play this for over an hour and a half each night . All I know is that I have been able to cook dinner and clean up without any distractions. It is great almost therapeutic. Cooking while listening to your family make believe, play, giggle and squeal is pure joy!

*****

Annika repeats everything and is too smart for her own good. My recent favorite talks include:

Me: Do you think Jacob will like this?

Annika: Probably

******

We were on our way home when Annika was trying to tell us something, David and I were doing our best to interpret, everything we guessed was wrong and she finally said:

Annika: “wats, wats, wats, I am so fustated” (rats, rats, rats, I am so frustrated)

Months ago we tried to get Jacob to say this when he was frustrated instead of throwing a fit, it never really stuck with him but apparently Annika was paying attention. I seriously can not remember the last time this was said in our house before Annika came up with it again last week.

******

Annika: “let my people go”

Me: Who says that?

Annika: Jacob

Me: Jacob learned that at Bible Study sweetie, Moses said it to the Pharaoh.

Next Day

Annika: Let my people go (laughing)

Me: Do you remember who says that?

Annika: Ya!

Me: Who?

Annika: Moses from da Bible.

Me: How old are you again?

Annika: Two!

Me: NOT YET STOP SAYING THAT!

*****

Right now Jacob is that phase of constantly telling stories. He has so many and they crack me up. They are almost always about what is happening at his work. I can not believe the imagination on this kid. Not only does he love to tell stories but he loves to hear them. We constantly have to tell the story of when he was born, or when his David juggled eggs, or when he pooped in David’s hands, or when he learned to jump, or how he use to run, frankly any story about any of us that is remotely funny! He takes all these stories and other life experience to make his own. I hope this is something he does for a really long time, it is SUPER entertaining.

*****

I recently hung the Alphabet in Jacobs old room (yes they are officially moved in together). The letter “R” has a picture of a Robot on it. When I hung it Jacob was like “Mom look a robot” and then he busted out with a robot dance. His arms stiff and bent as he walked with straight legs around the room. I was laughing so hard I was crying. I have no idea who taught him this, which is weird because we are together more often than not. These little surprises are amazing though and I am grateful to the little person that he learned this from.

****

I am sure I will post this and then think of many more Jacob and Annika stories. Do not worry though, I will post again……LUCKY you!

1 comment:

erika said...

Love the stories! I know what you mean about wanting to walk around with a note pad. Maybe a video camera.