Wednesday, October 8, 2008

21 Months and Counting


Annika,

My dear Annika, I am still in denial. You did not just go and turn 21 months, did you? This is getting ridiculous, seriously. I am really trying to be o.k. with you growing up, you are just doing it so quickly…..I CAN NOT KEEP UP!


We recently had our first real girls night out. You know the kind where we spend precious time with friends and we get to love on each other and bond like crazy. The boys were heading out to their first Vista High Football Game ( Jacob really wanted to see a football game) and you and I headed out with Aunt Sarah. You and Aunt Sarah have such an incredible bond. You have called her a princess in the past and that leads me to believe that you look at her as a living princess. You have such admiration for her and understandably so. I think I was smiling the entire night. You were so excited to be out with us. You wore a dress, carried a purse, held Aunt Sarah’s hand and giggled the entire night.


It is incredible to me how you are uniquely you and yet you attempt to do and say everything that everyone else is doing. You have recently started mimicking your brothers habit of sticking out his tongue when in social situations. It is hilarious because it is not really your personality but you think Jacob is pretty cool stuff and for now you want to be just like him. Jacob does not mind at all and he is often your biggest supporter. When you get dressed in the morning and your hair is done you head straight to your brother. You stand in front of him and announce “soooo CUTE”. Jacob tells you every morning that you look cute and if he forgets you make sure you get the affirmation you need. I am not going to lie, there are times when you fight with your brother, when you pinch, pull hair and bare your teeth at him but, the sweet moments with him, the ones where you are holding hands, playing together, complimenting each other and loving on one another far exceed the fights. I know you will have seasons with him. Times when you are close and times when you seem distant. My prayer though is that even in those distant times you will remember that God specifically put the two of you together. You are brother and sister, a relationship made by God for God. Your relationship with Jacob displays such a pure form of Gods love. I am thankful I get to witness it daily.


Annika you have had a busy few months. I am still amazed you decided to potty train yourself, I am sooooo GRATEFUL. This is for sure your style. You spend a little time contemplating something, figuring it out on your own and then you complete the undertaking. God really has blessed you sweetie. You have an amazing heart and mind. In our home you will attempt almost anything. Learning your letters, your months, the days of the week….you will stop at nothing. You might not really get the concept of everything but you are trying.

Tonight in our community group the girls and guys separated for prayer. It is not something we normally do but the timing was perfect. All us girls were in tears. We prayed about our confessions and things we are thankful for. I was completely humbled when we got to personal prayer requests. It is amazing to me how you can look across the room at someone and have no idea what is weighing on them. Death of a friend, fights with breast cancer, serious illness of a child, money struggles and relationship struggles. It made me realize that I do not say thank you nearly enough. I take a lot of this life for granted and I do not even mean to. Annika tonight I will be praising and thanking God specifically for your health and the health of this family.

(you discovered dance, only we have no leotard or tutu, you wear your bathing suite instead)

I am thankful that you are a happy, healthy, engaging and energetic twenty one month old, extremely thankful.
I love you sweet girl!

2 comments:

erika said...

I love these posts. Thanks for sharing your sweet kids with us:)

Modern Crush said...

Krista, you had me teary. What a wonderfully well written and moving post. You are an amazing writer. I love that I read these words from your heart, think about God and want to worship Him more. You are so inspiring!