In our lives this is big stuff, it is the buzz around the house, and the entire family is talking about it. We have been to Grandma’s house and Aunt Mamma’s house already to show off, we even gave a short demonstration to Erika after a morning walk. I love that this small stuff, these small milestones are what we get to celebrate, what bring us the most joy in our lives. I know that most Moms feel the same, there is no way you can prepare for or even begin to imagine the pure joy that children bring. My children in particular, can bring out a gamut of emotions, my worst and my best. That is a post in itself though, in this moment we are celebrating with Jacob. Monday he asked me to make his bike have only two wheels. “Please Mom, I want only two wheels”. To be honest I said o.k. with the thought that I could put the training wheels back on almost as easily as they came off. He obviously had a different vision for the outcome. They are off….still OFF! While he is still working on steering, starting and stopping he is riding on TWO wheels. I guess it is time to stop thinking of him as my semi-klutzy maybe a little uncoordinated little boy. He might have been a little late to jump and he might be the one who likes to sit on the side lines and watch as other kids swing like monkeys around him but watch out world, I think he is leaving the sidelines. He is starting to make his way into the game. Thank heaven for our little buddy Kai who recently posted his two wheel adventures because I would have never thought to start Jacob in the grass if it were not for his video. It worked perfectly, it gave him confidence to keep going even after he fell over a few times:) Yesterday David and I took him to the park where he had more space and he LOVED it. I know in another week he will not need our help. Sad, so sad but true. I am sure it is one of Gods many attempts to prepare us for the day we have to let them spread their wings fully. I am thankful that I get to witness daily as God adds yet another feather to Jacobs wings. It is funny because through this process Jacob is probably thinking, wow, I learned to ride my bike. I on the other hand am praying he really grasps the blessing of his ability to even be able to ride the bike, that he knows his Dad and I will do our best to be there to pick him up when he falls, and hold him steady when he feels unsure or insecure, that we will celebrate with him, cry with him, pray with him and most importantly that God is our support, our strength, the ONE we praise through it all.
Here he is….in the game.
Here he is….in the game.
7 comments:
Way to go Jacob! So awesome!!
Awesome! Is it normal for me to get a little teary eyed watching this? He is growing up too fast. What's next, downhill skiing?
Krista I am so glad you made use of the new camera. We are realy glad you took the class to get more out of the camera is great. Keep the pictures coming I love them.
Yeah Jacob!!! Way to go. A great place to learn to ride - that is where Hannah got her start too - No looking back now.
First Annika potty training herself and now this? I can't stand it! Your kids are on the fast track =)
Oh how I wish our little buddies could be riding together!
Kai still puts his feet down just like that.
WOW you have a BIG driveway! I don't remember it being so wide, but then that visit was years ago and my memory isn't so great. Way to go Jacob!
Post a Comment