Monday, February 18, 2008

Hurray for long Weekends!


We had such an amazing weekend. While I still have the Sunday night blues (even though it is Monday), I also feel as though we had a fun family and friend filled weekend. For the kids and I it started on Friday with a trip to Sea World. Grandma and Grandpa blessed us with passes for the year. Sea World offers such a great deal at the beginning of the year, buy one day admission and get in the rest of the year free. This is our second year with the passes and we could not be more excited. Annika spent her first day at Sea World when she was only 5 days old, so, it was fitting for Grandma and Grandpa to buy our tickets for her birthday gift. Truthfully, they will use any holiday as an excuse to help us out, but please note, I am not complaining. I am oh so grateful for them and the opportunities they have provided for us.
What a difference a year makes! Annika was much more excited about our festivities; she and Jacob had a blast together! She thought she needed to do everything Jacob did, honestly it was very cute.



Saturday, I had to work but even that ended up being a blessing. David and the kids grabbed lunch and had a picnic with me in the grass area in front of our building. The kids ate and then ran around and played. Getting some hugs and kisses mid day was just what I needed.



That night the kids went down a little early and I spent the night at home scrap booking with my friend Sherry. It was great, we set up the lap top in the dinning room, watch a total chick flick and scrap booked without interruption until 12:00 a.m.! I think we could have worked longer but we had to clean up and neither of us wanted to be grumpy on Sunday.

Sunday was yet another fun filled day. We went to church in the morning came home and put Annika down. Then we eagerly awaited a visit from our Friends Alycia, Mason and Parker. Due to the Holidays and the fact that they moved an hour away from us, we have not seen them in forever. It was such a blessing to have them for a visit. I think Alycia might be a little concerned for her youngest, Parker. He is the cutest 8 month old red head on the planet and well I seriously could not get enough of him. I had a lot of trouble setting him down and he was making my uterus ache for another. I spent the entire afternoon kissing and loving on Parker and when the time came to say goodbye, someone had to pry him from my arms. I might have weirded Alycia out. Next time they come back to play she will for sure re-think bringing Parker. She really seems to be attached to him also and is not ready to leave him with us. I even asked! There visit seemed too fast, when they were leaving though and Jacob was having an emotional melt down because he did not get a nap I kept reminding myself that one day Parker would do that too. He will cry, he will talk back, and dare I say it, he might even give Alycia a little challenge. Then she might re-think leaving him and I will be all, too late! Ha “how do you like them apples”. All joking aside, Alycia, I am really sorry if I freaked you out by loving all over Parker.

Jacob and Mason played like boys, it was fun to watch. Jacob and Mason have a special little bond, they are always asking about each other! They are such great buds! Jacob has not stopped talking about his “buddy Mason” and it makes me realize we can not allow that much time to go between visits!!


Monday was a low key family day! We did some shoe shopping with Grandma! Poor little Annika was feeling a little cramped in her shoes. You know in a 3 ½ shoe when she was suppose to be in a 5. Good Mom moment 10,987 and counting. I guess I am already in denial of her growing, that and I am just bad at keeping up. Needless to say they both got a new pair of shoes today! Thanks Grandma!!!! We also did a big CostCo run. I know that is what you did also……right? I am pretty sure the whole world was there! The rest of the evening we just hung out as a family. Took naps, did some laundry, had some dinner, played Jr. Boggle, pretended we were firemen, pretended we were trainers at Sea World, read books and went to bed. The end! Thank you Lord for our amazing weekend and thank you for sending another one in only 4 days!


2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

That is what a I love the most about long weekends. That the next one comes so soon. Glad you had a good one!

erika said...

Sounds like so much fun! I am glad you got to spend some time together as a family:)