Thursday, July 10, 2008

18 Months and Counting







Annika Bananika,

Well darling you are 1 ½ years old now……I just can not believe it. I think I say that ever month but it is true. Every time the 7th roles around, you and your brother are another month older. I then spend the next hour or so thinking…..where did that month go? You are really enjoying your summer. You are a total water, beach, sunglass princess. As a matter of fact you even had your first pedicure last week. WHAT???? I know, I know…I am not sure how it happened either. It went a little something like this though; you and Jacob were both napping and your Dad offered to give me a pedicure, (I have a feeling he would not want me to be blogging this but it is crucial to my story) he just finished painting my toes when we heard you crying, it was only an hour into your nap so we let you cry for a while but it was apparent you were not going back to sleep. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe your mouth hurt, cutting four molars at once just might cause some discomfort. I digress though. When you came into the living room you were very intrigued by the polish and lotion and my “petty toes”. You instantly asked, “paint my toes”? Your Dad just looked at me. I shrugged we explained to you that you had to sit in my lap and not touch your toes. In true Annika fashion while reclining in my lap, your Dad at your feet you sweetly asked, “water peese Dad”. Your Dad and I just laughed which prompted your favorite saying for the month, “So funny”. We laughed harder. You are so funny sweetie. You never did touch your toes and from that moment on you told anyone who would listen “Dad paint toes”.
You are constantly talking well maybe I should call it jabbering. Sometimes you will tell me something ten times and I will just stare at you with a blank look. The hard thing for me is that you say it the exact same way, you totally know what you are saying……I just have no idea. You are constantly talking, no one really needs to be listening, you are just talking.

You love to laugh also! This month you seem to have developed quite the sense of humor. You and your brother are totally in sync with laughter. You can get your brother to make you laugh just by say “so funny”. He hears those words and they are his cue to do something funny. You giggle more for/at Jacob than anyone. You two have such a sweet relationship. You will not go to bed unless you have hugged him and he is the first person you ask for when you wake up. Your morning talk is actually one of my favorite things, such a sweet way to start my day. You are so excited to greet me!

You: “MAMA….morn Mom”

Me: Good Morning Sweetie….Did you sleep well?

You: Yah! Dada bye bye work? JayBub nigh nigh?

Me: Daddy is at work but Jacob is up!

You: (the biggest smile ever) Jaybub on couch?

Me: Yah lets go see him. (lots of hugs and kisses)

This is pretty much the way it happens EVERY morning and I would not change it for anything. You wake up so happy! You can for sure turn my morning around with your sweet smile. Oh Annika God is so Good. He made you one amazing sweet girl. I could not be more grateful. By the way YOU STILL HAVE CURLS! Happy 18 months!

3 comments:

erika said...

I can't believe that she is already 18 months old. She truly is adorable! I can't wait to check out her toes:)

Modern Crush said...

What a sincere blessing! God has been so faithful to you Krista, and I feel so lucky to be able to share in hearing about your family and the presence of the Lord around you. A brother and sister who truly love each other - it melts my heart and I pray so much that my own kids with have a heart for each other like yours have. Thank you for sharing with us!

Elizabeth said...

The first thing I noticed was that she still had curls. What a sweetie!