Friday, September 14, 2007

Damsel in Distress

I should really be able to change a tire. Shouldn’t I? So on our way home from Escondido I knew there was a bit of a problem when the back of the van started to fish tail. I know, what was my first clue? By Gods Grace we made it off the highway safely. I learned to change a tire when I was a girl scout, it is nice to see I am putting it to use… sigh. The fact is David was readily available, well, he was in the middle of a stressful work day but of course when I called he said he would be right there. Changing the tire myself would have been very empowering but …..the heat, the two kids, the incline we ended on, the broken double stroller all just seemed to overwhelming and I opted out. I seriously feel like I let down my fellow woman. For those who would have done it themselves I am so proud of you. When all is said and done I kind of wish I would have at least attempted it. I mean the double stroller did not need to go anywhere; I just needed it as an alternative trapping location for the kids. Next time I am going to try it on my own, maybe? Until then though I am grateful that I have a husband who feels like his most important job is us and two kids who are happy to help. By the way I am using help as a relative term here but they were very well behaved and patient. Which in reality is precisely what we needed from them. They are brilliant!



2 comments:

erika said...

I was going to say, "didn't we learn that in Girl Scouts?" but I don't think I would ever even think of trying it. I think you did the right thing. It is ok to be a damsel in distress:)

What happened to your stroller? Is it fixable or out of commission for good?

erika said...

I love that you had your camera there to take pictures!