
David, David, David! Tuesday night at community group they asked the perfect question; what is the best thing that has happened to you in the last week? I had the most amazing answer. Just that morning I was cleaning out a drawer that had some of David’s things in it. I came across this little white and green journal, when I opened it my heart started to beat quickly and I had little butterflies jumping around in my stomach. It was a journal for me! David had written letters to me in the months leading up to our wedding day, he had planned on giving it to me on the big day but his last entry was 4 months before our wedding. I guess because he did not finish it he decided not to give it to me. It was an amazing decision on his part, finding it on Tuesday could not have been more perfect. Of course Jacob was awake and was curious as to why I had teary eyes and was so enthralled with this little book so I started to read the letters out loud. I explained to Jacob that his Daddy wrote these words to Mommy over ten years ago. I k

now he does not have a concept of the time that has passed or the emotions involved but he did understand the kind, loving words that his Dad wrote and he knew exactly how they made me feel. Jacob kept saying “Mommy so Happy”? I was happy, more than happy. Who would not find joy in reading how loved they are. Each journal entry started with how many days were left till the blessed event "343 days till we say I Do", 251 days till will profess our love infront of our friends and family". David wrote things like: “Everyday I think of our wedding day, the other night I almost cried when I thought of the moment I look you in the eyes and the pastor pronounces us husband and wife”. I have never questioned David’s love but man was it nice to read the journal of love letters, what a treasure. Jacob has carried the journal around since Tuesday and I really do not mind. I will continually pray that Jacob turns out to be a kind, loving, moral, tender, Godly man just like his father. I am pretty sure my best this week was one of the bests ever. The truth is though everyday we wake up and have our family is a great day. David, thank you for your amazing words and your unconditional love, you are an incredible man and I am honored to be your wife!
3 comments:
That is the sweetest thing. It made me have goosebumps at first. Every girls dream. What a treasure.
Seriously a treasure, I hope you never ever lose that book. What a wonderful story!
Wow. I am sure it meant even more to you reading those words for the first time now then it would have on your wedding day.
Post a Comment