
Jacob’s line of the day, maybe week, month? So we were out and about a lot today but heading to work we happened to be a bit early. I decided to pull into Starbucks drive through in Escondido. Jacob frequents Starbucks (I like to blame Grandma) and knows his treat is chocolate milk. As a matter of fact when he wants chocolate milk he will actually ask to go to Starbucks instead of just asking for chocolate milk. Should I be publicly admitting this? There could be worse things, right? Back to his line. So we are in the drive through and he keeps asking me where we are at. “Where we at Mom?” I am able to ignore the question a little because he is also occupied with making Annika laugh which is why when I was ordering my Iced Coffee (I needed Caffeine) and him chocolate milk he had no idea. We move a little forward and he gets back to asking me, “Mom, where we at?” This time I respond with, “well….we are actually at Starbucks”. At this point Jacob smiles and brings his hands to his mouth (what he does when he can not contain himself), then yelled CHOCOLATE MILK??????? I turn around and tell him, “yes, I ordered you chocolate milk”. He smiles sits back for a second and then with his hand up in the air palms up and his head titled to the side, eye brows squinted he proceeded to say, “Mom…. why you not tell me where we at?” He said it like he was Arnold from Different Strokes, “What you talkin’ about Willis?” I am not sure if this comes across as hysterical as it was in person, it was hilarious. He knows if I told him we were at Starbucks he would have had the opportunity to ask for his Chocolate milk, I didn’t and well he was a little offended that I kept such a secret from him. I love the funny things kids say, even if it is only funny to me.
6 comments:
That is so funny. What a cutie. Driving around town is dangerous now because K recognizes everything and what he can get there. Like the donut bakery and so on. "I want to go there."! He says to everything he recognizes as we drive around.
That is great. Lucky for me, I still have Ethan convinced that a tall water is a treat when we go to Starbucks. Not sure how much longer that will last....
That is great. Lucky for me, I still have Ethan convinced that a tall water is a treat when we go to Starbucks. Not sure how much longer that will last....
Oops...I don't know how I did that. Sorry!
What a little man Jacob is! He looks so much like Dave when Dave was his age. Such a handsome boy!
Soooo funny!!! He is such a cutie!
Post a Comment