Monday, January 7, 2008

12 Months and Counting! Wait......thats a year!


Where did this year go? I can not believe that our little Annika is a year old today. She is so fun, amazing and perfect. She is a little adventure girl. Do not throw her in the air because she will make a fuss, but she will stand and rock in the rocking chair, scale the couch, stand in the center of the room on a foot stool, climb a box oh yeah and she will attempt standing on her push car. I have been there to catch her a number of times and missed her just as many :( Her smile is contagious and for the most part she will venture to anyone who offers. This Sunday was the first Sunday she was old enough to go into the one year old room. It just happened to be my first Sunday back volunteering, so I got to stay with her. She is TROUBLE. I was surprised to see that she was a little bit of a bully. She constantly took toys from the other little one year olds and when I would make her return them she would make such a grumpy face and yell at me. I could not believe she was so assertive. She is not like that at home, she lets Jacob handle it I guess. Get her away from him though and it is over. Here is hoping they let her back next week. I think I was like that when I was a kid. I am not sure if it started at one but some close friends will always reminisce on how bossy and mean I was. I am going to have to keep a close eye on this one. Annika grows like crazy. She already wearing 18 month clothing, mostly because of her height. She took her first steps this month and oh they are some of the cutest steps on earth. She maxes out on about 12 steps but just this week when she fell she would push herself right back up. She is not using walking as her primary mode of transportation yet, but the way she keeps practicing would tell me that it is soon to come. I have such mixed emotions about it. Of course I want her to develop and progress but walking means she is a toddler and well, I am going to miss my little baby girl. Three nights before Christmas we drove around with hot cocoa to see Christmas lights on all the houses. To make it fun for her we turned her seat around. She for sure thought it was the best thing ever. This was the first time we found out she new how to blow kisses. She could have been doing for months but because she was facing backwards we had no idea. When Jacob leaves Aunt Sherry’s or Grandma and Grandpa’s he always blows kisses. The night we were out looking at Christmas light we also stopped at Grandma and Grandpa’s to bring a load of presents. When we were leaving both Annika and Jacob were blowing kisses. IT WAS SO CUTE. Now when you tell her to say good bye more often than not she will say “ba ba” and she will blow a few kisses. She knows it is pretty cute and loves the reaction she gets from us. Daily Annika is getting better at communicating her needs to us. She finds the most creative ways and we love it. Now if only we can convince her that the cat food it not that fun and does not taste that good. She eats it less but now she can be found adding the dry food to the water. Angel and I are not fans.

Annika, that you so much for your personality, for your spunk, you are so fun and always smiling. Happy 1st Birthday little girl! We love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe that Annika is 1 year old already! Where has the time gone? Keep enjoying all of the little moments...those, too, go by so quickly.

erika said...

Happy Birthday, big girl!!