Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sleepless in Oceanside

It is 6:00a.m. but the kids are not up yet. A rare opportunity to start my day a little before them but the silence of the house is what is keeping them asleep. Oh, the dilemma’s. There are great things to living in a 1000sq ft house and there are negative. We are so close together that we do no need baby monitors, you can hear everything. The bummer is that it works both ways, no one needs a Mom monitor either. If I were to shower right now or start the much needed organizing in our bedroom the kids would wake up. Let face it, it’s just not worth it. So instead I get to talk with my great friends on the internet. This week has had obstacle after obstacle and I find myself lying in bed thinking more than sleeping. Up till one and then up at five sometimes leaves me a little grumpy. I feel like we are still catching up from the holidays. Which, in the big picture is a great thing. You know still trying to find the perfect home for the new toys, still contemplating eating all the sweets left in the house or throwing them out, still finding the motivation and routine to fit in the new year resolutions, still have a present to send in the mail (sorry Nana) and still have more thank you cards to write. What am I doing now……..I could totally be writing thank you cards. That is the perfect quite activity. O.k. sorry for the random post I will continue sleepless in Oceanside another time, for now I have to go use my time wisely and productively. Look at me…..just found the motivation to fit a news years resolution in my routine. This waking up at 5:00 rocks!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

My list of things just to get back to normal is growing. Not to mention getting ready for the baby. I have been waking early too but not very motivated to get anything done.