Saturday, January 19, 2008
Car Sick
We discovered yesterday that along with grace, overactive emotions, a temper and stubbornness there is yet another great quality that Jacob gets from me. Yep that's right...Jacob can not read and ride in the car without barfing! HE GETS CAR SICK. We headed to Escondido yesterday morning in the hopes of cramming an hour of work in while the kids ate breakfast in the stroller. As luck would have if after looking at a book the entire drive, two blocks from my work Jacob decided to up-chuck his morning milk all over himself, his car seat and anything within a two foot radius. At first I just thought we were in for another bout of a stomach virus. When my work buddy who helped diligently clean and take care of Annika through the process suggested he could have just been car sick I was overjoyed. Maybe we weren't going to spend the next 4 days cleaning up barf. The idea had me almost giddy. We left to head home. We called Erika to cancel our play date just in case we had the stomach flu. Then we said a prayer that the loosing of the milk was a symptom of reading in the car and not the stomach flu. Turned out Jacob was just fine the rest of the day. He ate like himself and played outside for hours. Then he even took a three hour nap. Good thing because I think it might have taken me that long to clean the car and the car seat :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad he wasn't sick again! No more books for Jacob in the car:)
Me too - reading + moving car = bad news. I feel for the guy.
Post a Comment