I was getting ready to head to work it was 6:30 on Saturday morning and Jacob was cuddling with David in bed. He was on the side furthest from me. I leaned over David to kiss Jacob and give David a hug. I explained to Jacob I was leaving for work and I would see him later. He leaned in and whispered,
“Mom, maybe you could stay home and Dad could go to work”
David: “Nice Jacob, I am lying right here”
Jacob: “What Dad?”
Of course I assured Jacob he was going to have a great time with his Dad and I would see him after nap time. Secretly he made my heart smile. It was just his way of saying he was going to miss me. He of course had a great day with his Dad and when I got home he had tons of stories to tell me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It doesn't reassure us that we are doing something right when They don't want us to leave. SO sweet!
Post a Comment