Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Our new Schedule

So for two weeks now David and I have been trying a new schedule. I have to admit that so far I am really enjoying it. David is working 10 hour days during the week and I go in for a few hours on Tuesday and a whole day on Saturday and fill in the blanks working from home when the kids go down. It allows us to have our evenings back as a family. Instead of trading Monday through Thursday at 3:00 so that I can work while David goes home to finish out the night time routine, we are all able to be home together in the evenings. David can now have a two day weekend instead of working Saturdays. The other benefit is that the kids and I have a much more open schedule during the week. We are not on such time constraints. I love it, it seems like we have so much more freedom. Here are some of the ways we have been filling it:



Hanging out at the park riding the Scooter!





Outside in the playhouse!





Our new favorite Treat, Blackberry smoothies!



Gardening and playing with Sugar in the front yard.


Dancing while we laugh and enjoy his spirit!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm glad the new schedule is working out and you can be at home more together as a family. Nothing better then that!

Anonymous said...

Ugh... there is 41 and a half pounds of boy jumping up and down on my lap yelling... "I wanna go Jacob little house... I wanna go JACOB LITTLE HOUSE... I WANNA GO JACOB LITTLE HOUSE!!!!!"

Hmmmm... guess that means we should schedule a play date SOON!

I WANNA GO KRISTA BIG HOUSE!

Miss you guys.